A fully automatic working sugar polarimeter.
- Patented sugar polarimeter
- Calibration free due to quartz wedge compensation
- Extremely highly stable readings
- Maximum user-friendliness
- Combination with refractometer (Purity Analyser)
Saccharomat – Worldwide unique quartz-wedge compensated sugar polarimeter.
Quartz has an optical rotatory dispersion (ORD) almost identical to that of a sucrose solution. This fact is exploited as a unique compensation mechanism using a quartz wedge in SCHMIDT + HAENSCH’s Saccharomat. This working principle is unique and is unrivaled today.
As the quartz and the sample react in an identical way to small shifts of wavelength, these shifts are being automatically compensated and the effect becomes irrelevant. This ensures long-time stable high precision measuring results without the necessity of recalibration over the lifetime of the instrument. Highly advantageous is that dark samples with a high absorption may be measured at NIR wavelength (882,6 nm) after careful filtration (see filtration unit “AutoFilt Z”) without additional clarification being necessary.
For the measurement of Pol and Brix values at the same time, the Saccharomat can be coupled directly with the refractometer measuring head creating a Purity Analyser. This solution is very economical since there is no need for the additional electronic unit of the refractometer.
- Fully electronic sugar polarimeter (saccharimeter) using the unique principle of quartz wedge compensation
- Less wavelength dependency compared to circle polarimeters
- Instrument does not need re-calibration at any time
- Measurement of very dark samples after filtration with Autofilt Z
- Energy saving LED light source
- High compensation speed
- Indication of the optical density
- Automatic temperature compensation if using appropriate polarimeter tubes
- polarimeter tubes with self-sealing coupling for quick and safe connection/disconnection of water circulators
- Opens external link in new window Triple Quartz Control Plates (TQCP’s)
- User-specific methods
- Up to 1000 scales freely programmable
- Continuous measurement
- Adapted user-friendly operation system displayed by a high resolution 7” TFT touch screen
- Minimal maintenance effort
- GLP/GMP conform documentation
- High quality “Made in Germany”
- Menu-driven operation
- Individual structuring of display and data output
- Easy creation of user-specific measurement methods
- Operational levels with password protection (user administration)
- Freely programmable formulas
- Data export towards MS Excel, as text file or PDF file
- Convenient connection to LIMS systems
- Easy reset of all adjustments to the delivery status of the instrument
- Easy reset to company specific basic adjustments on administrator level
- Extensive self-diagnostics and service level for easier maintenance and repair
- Remote diagnostics and maintenance of data